How can I contact you?
Send me an email: danielle (at) danielle-carriere (dot) com
What do you do when you’re not writing?
I love reading and composing music. I love pretty much all things outdoors, but hiking is my fave, so I’m always looking for new trails/parks to check out (bonus points if they are kid friendly). And, of course, I like to hang out with my husband and my two littles <3
What are your favorite books?
Oh my goodness, there are too many to list, but here’s a few that I love and that had a huge impact on me:
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Persuasion by Jane Austen
- The Real Boy by Anne Ursu
- Girls of Riyadh by Rajaa Alsanea
- The Virginian by Owen Wister
- A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
- Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
- Call of the Wild by Jack London
You said you are a songwriter. Who are your musical influences?
My music is heavily influenced by Regina Spektor and Sarah McLachlan, real life, and, more often than not, the characters from my novels.